Switzerland's bountiful produce offers an array of vibrant vegetables throughout the year, and from June to April, carrots are at their finest. These orange delights are not only packed with beta-carotene but they're also incredibly versatile in the kitchen. Today, we're introducing a recipe that perfectly marries the earthy sweetness of baby carrots with the heavenly touch of our Summer Blossom Honey.
- 300g baby carrots, root ends trimmed and peeled (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Summer Blossom Honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Place the carrots in a saucepan of boiling salted water and parboil for 3 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and place them into an oven-proof dish or tray. Let the steam evaporate.
- Drizzle the carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and while hot, drizzle them with Summer Blossom Honey. Serve immediately. Or to add some show to your dish, try using our wooden honey spoon to truly drizzle your „Honig mit Herz“ over the carrots in front of your guests at the table.
What makes this dish so special is our Summer Blossom Honey. It's derived from the juicy flower meadows that are every honeybee's dream during the summer. The honey they produce is wonderfully sweet, with a smooth, creamy consistency, which perfectly complements the earthy taste of the roasted baby carrots. The honey not only enhances the carrots' natural sweetness but also adds a depth of flavour that's truly irresistible.
Here's an amazing fact to sweeten your day: "Bees communicate with each other by dancing and by using pheromones!" This 'bee dance' or 'waggle dance' is their way of telling each other where to find the best sources of nectar. Just imagine the buzzing excitement in the hive when they find a field full of summer blossoms!
Happy cooking and bon appétit!